Fast Forward Syracuse

Oversight Committee looks for working group nominations

The Academic Strategic Plan Oversight Committee is accepting nominations of Syracuse University students, faculty and staff to participate in working groups that will assist the committee in the implementation of the strategic plan.

The Oversight Committee was formed after the completion of the Academic Strategic Plan in late July to guide the university along the implementation process and act as a “living plan” of the initiative, according to an SU News release.

Students, faculty and staff members have until noon on Sept. 14 to nominate up to three individuals, including themselves, for a position on the working group, according to the release. Nomination forms can be filled out on the SU Qualtrics website.

“This is a great opportunity for members of the campus community to get involved in helping us advance the goals laid out in the Academic Strategic Plan,” said Liz Liddy, interim vice chancellor and provost of SU and the chair of the Oversight Committee, in the release.

The Academic Strategic Plan, along with the Campus Master Plan and Operational Excellence, is one of the main components of Chancellor Kent Syverud’s Fast Forward initiative. The strategic plan is centered around six different aspects of academics at SU, including the student experience, discovery, internationalization, commitment to veterans and military-connected communities, innovation and “one university,” according to the release.

The “one university” theme aims to achieve university-wide “excellence,” while the discovery theme pertains to the advancement of creativity and research at SU, according to the release.

More than 100 SU students, faculty and staff members assisted in the development of the strategic plan, and more than 1,000 sources of feedback from members of the campus community were taken into consideration for the construction of the plan, according to the release.

“This is incredibly important work, and I urge all interested students, faculty and staff to consider being a part of it,” Liddy said in the release.