Super Bowl 2016

Heavenly chips and dip pairings for your Super Bowl party

For people like me who couldn’t give a rat’s ass about football, the best part of the Super Bowl is undoubtedly the food. Wings and pizza are everywhere, but what’s the real greatest pairing? That’s right, chips and dip. Curated from the great halls of your local grocery store, here are the six most heavenly chips and dip pairings.

Tostitos Scoops and Tostitos Medium Salsa

Do not underestimate this basic favorite. The simple salty crunch juxtaposed with juicy tomatoes, savory onions and green peppers never fail to make the touchdown. Serve cold.

Wavy Lays and Sour Cream and Chive Dip

Sure, you could just buy the pre-flavored Sour Cream and Onion Lays, but this is a food column, so we’ll try something new. For a really tasty treat that goes the whole nine yards, pick up some sour cream and chop some green onions over it for the perfect party hors d’oeuvre. Bonus tip: mix onion powder and sea salt in your sour cream for extra flavor.

Cape Cod Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Chips and TGI Friday’s Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Elevate regular ol’ potato chips and cheese by adding some ~adult~ flavors to your Super Bowl spread. Cape Cod potato chips are kettle cooked and even crunchier than fried potato chips, and this spinach and artichoke favorite can be found in the frozen section of your grocery store. Alternatively, use this recipe for spinach and artichoke dip.

Stacy’s Pita Chips and Sabra Garlic Hummus

This one’s for the healthy eater who likes a fresh snack instead of some over-processed American creation. Garlic hummus gives this snack just a tiny bit of an edge, but don’t be afraid to experiment with different hummus flavors! Try Sabra’s Olive Tapenade for real Mediterranean flavor, or make your own hummus for about $2.

Tostitos Hint of Lime and Fresh Salsa

For a tangy and au natural appetizer, pair Hint of Lime chips with a freshly made chopped tomato salsa. This combination is lighter than traditional chips and salsa, and even more delicious. Chopped tomato salsa can be found at grocery stores, but it’s better when it’s homemade, so check out this recipe here.

Snyder’s Snaps and Cedar’s Tzatziki

Okay, technically pretzels aren’t chips, but since they still taste good with dip, just go with it. Tzatziki is a traditional greek dip made with greek yogurt, dill and cucumbers. Combined with salty pretzels, this dip will melt in your mouth. Make some with this recipe, or check the dairy aisle for a pre-made variety.